Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Importance of Focus

I have a problem with making mistakes. Its not that I make them...its just that I never learn from them.

A few weeks ago I had a crappy week: lots of midterms, two lab reports, you get the idea. Every night I would stay up late (past 2 am) so I could get my work done. Problem was, I wasn't getting anything done. My mind wandered so much that I couldn't work..yet I couldn't sleep because I would feel guilty about my work.

End result: very tired for no reason, below-par work (and I mean very below) and a late, already bad, lab report worth 20 %.
This Friday, I did it all again. This past week, I've had a midterm, research paper and a lab report (yes! 20% for the same class!). Its not much compared to what other people have had this week (ouch!) but it was badddd.

I pulled 2 all-nighters and 3 semi-all-nighters. By yesterday night, before my lab was due today, I was so tired, 75 % of my energy was used to keep myself awake...resulting in my worst lab report yet.

I guess the point I'm trying to get across is that I failed, not because I was wasting time elsewhere like TV (although I did check facebook often), but that I wasn't able to focus. If I focused, I would have been able to complete all my work well and in record time.

I guess this is more of an internal clarification post for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment